Outsourcing works best for some projects. Regardless of the reasons for outsourcing, it is still important to manage the project correctly, choose the right service provider and discuss all key points. The right service provider can make your life a lot easier, and a bad one, on the contrary, much harder, so it’s important to clarify all the details
- Make sure that the service provider has included everything necessary in the design and estimate documentation.
Important steps in the development process:
– Analysis or specification
– Architecture and design
– Development of program code
– Documentation code
– Software Testing Results
– Deployment of code on the customer’s server
If any of these items is missing, it is recommended that you agree with the service provider about the liability for it. So you will clearly know in advance what to expect from the supplier.
- Make sure the service provider is documenting the code.
The utmost clarity in understanding the developer code is important when setting up or fixing bugs further. Without a clear understanding of what exactly and how the original developer was thinking, you can get confused and lose time trying to identify bugs and understand what has already been done on the project.
- Make sure that the service provider will create comprehensive and understandable documentation that gives other people who need to work with the code later with a clear idea of the development process.
A few notes here and there are not enough, the documentation should contain a complete and detailed explanation of the process of writing code.
- Ensure that the assets used by the service provider do not infringe on anyone’s intellectual property rights.
Violation of such rights can potentially be a very serious and costly problem, especially if the software is used or sold for commercial purposes. Such situations can lead to the initiation of administrative or even criminal cases with serious fines.
Source – https://websailors.pro/